1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error for oulook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dhedgetechs, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhedgetechs

dhedgetechs Thread Starter

Computer: Dell dimension 4400, xp home sp2, outlook 2007

error signature:
    app. name: oulook.exe
    app.version: 12.0.6023.5000
    app.stamp: 46574050
    mod name: ntdll.dll
    mod.ver: 5.1.2600.2180
    mod.stamp: 411096b4
    fdebug: 0
    offset: 000114b6

The error occured after Office 2007 was installed and contacts and mail was imported from oulook express after already being transfered out of office 2003. the program will not start now or hangs when attempting to open. it offers to send an error report but when the report gets sent its says update, but it does not fix the issue. I am clueless, anyone please!

2. djangojazz

djangojazz

I would check the profile path and see their is a legitimate PST file.

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Login name accessing Outlook)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

PST is stored there. But also 2007 installs that darn Biz Contact Manager SQL service. Sometimes that service goes haywire or by accident people turn it off under "Start>Run>Msconfig" I had lots of errors with Biz Contanct Manager with Outlook 2003 and also 2007. MS should dump it, I can see the added database ability in indexing your contacts and grouping them. But who cares really if it slows down performance and causes errors more than it helps? It also stores separately than the PST file.

Generally you can troubleshoot most Outlook problems by remembering two simple things, when outlook is thinking and can't access something it wants; it will simply give an error and not do what you'd like. Not being able to backup or import is a case of the association of the PST data file not accessing right in most cases. And cryptic errors are generally a service problem that was not installing correctly or is dependent on a service that is not running correctly. PST can be checked with my above path listed and generally even if you system is looking if you have admin rights you can copy it directly from the folder source regardless if outlook is behaving or not. Check to see if Outlook 2007 installed the biz contact manager, it's generally at the bottom below most other folders at the bottom of your personal stuff listed. Sometimes also an Office Diagnostic after cleaning out certain application files will recreate them in working order:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools/Office Diagnostic"

When all else fails check the Microsoft Technet forums for error specific problems. I hope some of my ideas may help you.

3. Iamjo20

Iamjo20

I have had numerous errors with OUTLOOK 2007 on my Vista machine. The PST data file placed itself upon install in location:C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook (2).pst
    the loaction and path you have mentioned above are not even showing on my computer. When Outlook has not opened, as I receive the error message that it cannot locate the pst file, I locate the correct PST file (and there seem to be numerous PST data files) and do the scanpst which allows the Outlook to open again.
    I do not understand (1) why the PST file has located itself in the location it has on my computer, and (2) when I look through the files on my system, there seem to be numerous PST files, some denoted as PST(2) files. Thank you so much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice