1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error from Roxio Easy Media creator 7 after repair through windows repair

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mikiEns, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikiEns

mikiEns Thread Starter

Hi,
    I installed Roxio Easy media creator 7 a while ago and I just did a windows xp repair but now roxio keeps bringing up this message:

* Please wait while windows configures Roxio Easy media creator 7 basic DVD edition...
    - The only opton is cancel...

If I cancel it keeps coming up...

If I let it run through it says

*"Error 1706 no valid source could be found for product Roxio Easy media creator 7 basic DVD edition windows cannot continue"

then goes back to the first message and tries again...

Roxio 7 still works perfectly fine when I open it from desktop or start!
    however whenever I open a browser, or try and rename a folder or save something it comes up with the error mentioned earlier...

it just keeps doing this and stops me continuing my work...

I have lost my Roxio 7 cd so I can't install the disk to fix this problem...

I found however my Roxio 6 disk so I tried just removing Roxio 7 using add remove programs... but this just brings up the same error... and wont uninstall...

does anyone know how to stop this message coming up?
    (note roxio works fine I just want to stop the error message- but failing that does anyone know how to get rid of the program altogether)

thanks for your time

Miki

2. bkdc

bkdc

I encountered the same problem awhile back; it's a known bug with the Windows Installer.
    MOPER made this suggestion & it worked perfectly for me. :) Give it a try..

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
    here

Install and run it, look for an entry similar to "WordPerfect". Delete the entry and all should be fine.
    [*] NOTE: Please replace "WordPerfect" with the name you got from the Windows Installer"

3. mikiEns

mikiEns Thread Starter

Just letting you and anyone else who may have this problem know... that it looks like it worked...

THanks

Miki

4. plesva, mexilus

plesva, mexilus

I've been getting the same message on reboot, and also each time I try to copy a file to any location (including hard disk and network drives):

"Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD Edition".

I finally got tired of cancelling that dialog, so I tried the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. It ran to completion, but never showed a list of entries from which I could select anything, and the problem persisted.

I then tried uninstalling Roxio via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs". The same "Please wait...." message appeared, and didn't appear to do anything for about 10-15 minutes. In the end that dialog disappeared, and Roxio had been uninstalled.

Good riddance! The Roxio "Please wait..." dialog is gone. I'm sort of wondering how I'll burn CDs, but I'll worry about that another day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/423020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice