1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error help

Discussion in 'General Security' started by patriciaann, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patriciaann

patriciaann Thread Starter

My PC is showing I have almost 300 error's is there somewhere I can go online to fix them without paying a fee?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What program suggests you have 300 errors?

There is a lot of dodgy adware that can infect a PC, telling you that you have errors (when you may have none) in order to make you buy their software - it's a scam.

3. patriciaann

I believe it was McAfee it showed I had close to 300 error's :confused:. It fixed I think it was 22.,I do believe I have error's. One reason my Adobee reader has stopped working. I was going to take some online courses for my work,but it would'nt work.
    Thank you for your help.
    Patriciaann

4. wannahelp

wannahelp

Patricia,
    You can check if it was McAffee by running a scan manually. If it still shows errors then read the report carfully and let us know what the errors are. What Operating system do you have? Make sure that McAfee is up to date! There are free programs all over the net. Lots of legitamate one too. You do not want to load up your system with to much, so let us know what's up with the report.

5. patriciaann

Uniblue Registry Booster 2009 is what showed me the error's,and after a scan of a few repairs the following are the remaining error's.
    Activex,OLE,com section(125)
    Invalid file associations (14)
    User software setting's (30)
    System software settings (30)
    Shared DLL section (2)
    File extentions (15)
    Start up section (2)
    Application paths (5)
    Invalid shortcut's section(5)

Total of 218 error's remain

Please help if you can
    Thank you so much
    Patriciaann

6. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi ignore all of these so called errors.

Cleaning the registry can and often does cause more problems than they solve.
    The registry does not need to be cleaned.

And some registry cleaners will say you have errors, to get you to buy their product.

Why not to use a reg cleaner..
    http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643

7. patriciaann

OK. Did anyone happen to notice I am a beginner,which in my world means I really don't understand,and I am now more lost then ever. I should just give. Thank though for all your effort's.

8. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi we apologise if we failed to explain the answer to your question very well.

Uniblue registry booster 2009 is a registry booster and registry cleaner.

Any registry cleaner that any of us download will find so called errors.
    They are not errors at all and they will not damage, or harm your system to leave them where they are.

The idea of some registry cleaner providers, is to frighten the user of the registry cleaner to use or buy the program.

9. wannahelp

wannahelp

Patriciaann,
    I agree with
    blues_harp28 [​IMG] .

I rarely mess with the registry entries for my clients or for myself. I try to make my own clients aware of all the so called free programs as well. There are a lot of legitamate free programs available, but be careful with the ones that play with you computer settings. Most reg cleaners are free to scan. Meaning they will scan and report entries that are no longer needed, but will not remove them unless you buy their product. This scan does not mean that you have problems, it means that the programs listed may no longer be on the hard drive. I would suggest not wasting your time with this program.
    I did notice that you stated that adobe reader was not currently working. Is it not working within Internet explorer, email or file on the system? If Internet explorer then the plug in is bad. Eather way if you reinstall it you should fix the problem.

10. patriciaann

Not sure why it is'nt working right. All I know is I was going to start to an online college,and I was in the process of the application. When I got to a certain point the Adobee reader was supose to help me finish the application. I had the woman on the phone while I was trying to do it,she called a tech person to help. He tried to walk me through how to get it working,that did'nt work ether. I would just re-download it but I don't have the program. It was on the PC when I bought it.
    Thank you so much for your help,
    Patriciaann

11. patriciaann

thank you for all your help. It make's sense.

12. mrss

mrss Guest

13. wannahelp

wannahelp

Patriciaann,

First, see if you can find a PDF type file on your computer or download one from a site. You can download the file by right clicking it and click save file as. Save the file to your computer and then double click it to run it. If it doesn't run go to the site Mrss linked to and uncheck the google toolbar ad-on. Then click download. Your browser may block downloads, but you should see a small horizontal drop down under the tabs. click it and click allow download. Save and then install. This should fix it. If the file you downloaded opened when you clicked it, it may mean that the browser blocked the file from opening. In this case the same small horizontal drop down will show up. Click allow download and it will open.
    Hope we are helping you!

14. patriciaann

I am so sorry,but can you translate (PDF) I can't find this
    Signed, Beginner:confused:

15. patriciaann

tried to open the sight you sent it woild'nt open

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice