1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error hooking "connect", data: E9 0B D0

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jfrazer999, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jfrazer999

jfrazer999 Thread Starter

what does the above error message mean, how do I get rid of it. I assume its a trojan / virus but my McAfee cant find/delete it. I'm running Win 98

2. adventure

adventure

I am having the same problem on an XP PRO PC. Can't seem to find any usef ul info. about this anywhere.

Error Hooking "connect" and then some bunch of numbers.

3. jfrazer999

jfrazer999 Thread Starter

I finally discovered that something in my Startup was causing the error. So I disabled the regular starup and did a selective startup. Eventually through trial and error I should be able to determine what item is causing the problem. But for now, I just dont let the startup run. (in Win98 its done through Start, Run, msconifg) Not sure how its turned off/on with XP. I assume this all started with a virus.. Jim

4. adventure

adventure

I found out tha all this is because of addware and spy ware that got onto the PC. Tried cleaning the Registry, tried running Adaware (UPDATED), also tried whole punch of spy ware, adware removers including Mircorsoft's SPAM remover or something. Now this is PC is a little better and that message is gone.

It looks like, one of the adware got loaded with a Trojan that brought up that message.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice