error in installing windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
I need some help.
I am trying to get a desktop up and running that was left at my house by my friend when he moved. I was advised to re-install XP so that I could have a fresh start, but when I did the installation stopped. Giving an error code that intl.inf could not be copied press enter to continue, esc to skip file and f3 to quit installaion...

after quiting installtion once, i again tried to install it but the problem was same. what should i do..???
is there some problem with my xp cd or my dvd player???

plz reply

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You need to set the CD/DVD drive first in the boot order in the BIOS, then insert the XP CD in the drive, then restart the computer.

If all goes well, a Press any key to boot from CD command will appear.

It's then a matter of following the instructions in each screen that appears.

This is basically what you need to do:

1. Delete all current partitions

2. Create a new C partition

3. Format that new C partition in the NTFS file system

4. Install XP in C:\WINDOWS

The entire process will involve 2 restarts.

Do NOT press any key when the above command appears during each restart.

Remove the XP CD after the second restart.

-----------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online