1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error installing driver updates

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jamesfortville, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamesfortville

jamesfortville Thread Starter

Error installing driver updates

Open Gateway site map. Click on “My Down loads” under “Drivers and Downloads”. A page opens up and I select my operating system – Windows XP. A page opens up showing 10 or 12 driver updates. I click on the first one and a page opens up showing buttons for download instructions and install instructions. I download the first update to my desk top and an icon shows up there. I click on it nothing happens or I get an error message.

C:\Cabs\d20003-003 refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly installed, or that you are connected to the Internet or your
    Network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

I intrepid this as meaning some files were missing so I ran Scannow and it didn’t find anything wrong

If some one can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

C:\Cabs is the default folder where Gateway drivers extract to when you unzip them. It has nothing to do with Windows, that is why scannow didn't find anything. Either the driver installer is expecting the folder to already be there, or is unable to create it. Do you have problems installing any other software on the C drive?

3. jamesfortville

jamesfortville Thread Starter

Thank you for the e-mail. Can you tell/show me how to solve this problem? I have problem installing software. I’ve tried everything I can think of, but this is another thread. I’ll be glade to answer any and all questions. I’ve been through this many times before but no issues solved.

Thank you.

Jim

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Jim- Are you using drivers that are for your model Gateway?

From here >>>> http://support.gateway.com/support/default.aspx?cmpid=topnav_support

you would click on the type of machine , Notebook or Desktop etc....then

you type the Serial Number of your machine that you need drivers for, into the space at the Gateway support page, and then pick your Operating System, and then get a page with a list of drivers?

The S/N should be on the back of a tower type or underneath on a label if it is a notebook type.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/966323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice