1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Installing MS Office Standard 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kermit_6969, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kermit_6969

kermit_6969 Thread Starter

Been trying to find a fix thru the forums for this similar error but havent been lucky yet finding a working fix...

Am running Windows Vista and trying to install MS Office Standard 2007.

At first it installed fine but a few weeks later it started acting up and trying to re-install when trying to run word. So I un-installed Office and try to re-install.. but to my dismay after entering the product key, I started getting an error message when the setup started. "Microsoft Office has encounter an error during setup."

I inspected the disk surface and it still in pristine condition. I also did a chkdsk, defrag, and retried to rerun the install to no success. Tried to copy the install files to the HDD and run it from there but no luck either.

Would highly appreciate any feedback or work around to this problem. Thanks in advanced!

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Uninstall. Then run the setup in administrative mode. After installing, start at least one of the programs, such as Word.

Reboot, then run Windows Update. (It may require a reboot.)

You should be good to go.

Courtney

3. kermit_6969

kermit_6969 Thread Starter

Silly question.. administrative mode? How do I get into it? Already logged in as the administrator.

Also, just try to uninstall the MS Office Standard 2007 and got the following setup Error...

"This product installation has been corrupted. Run setup again from the CD, DVD, or other original installation source."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/771445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice