1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error installing Norton 360

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by viv911, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. viv911

viv911 Thread Starter

hi all

i keep on getting error messages when i intall 360.

the error message is

------- Preinstall Scan Results -------

Changed everyone permissions: C:\WINDOWS\Registration
    Object not available: MACHINE\Software\Symantec\InstalledApps
    Object not available: MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus
    Object not available: MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Common Client
    Access rights scan summary:
    11 folders scanned.
    12 registry entries scanned.

Error validating CCSettings WindowsException: The system cannot find the file specified.

i have used norton removal tool before instaling 360

i am running on xp pro sp3 - could it be because i am using sp3?

Please some1 help, i havent got any security on my pc , and i want to install 360

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Probably not what you want to hear but many people would consider installing Norton360 to be an error in itself .

Are you logged in on an account with administrator rights ? I doubt it's an SP3 issue . Is Windows Firewall turned on ?

3. Michael York

Michael York

Hi viv911,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Although you say that you have already used the Norton Removal Tool, the error message you are receiving points to a corrupted installation of Norton 360. Please follow the steps below to properly remove, reinstall and scan with Norton 360

1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:

Norton Removal Tool and instructions

2. After you run the tool, restart your computer .Log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.

3. Follow the instructions on the following page to re-download the latest installer for Norton 360.

Re-download your Norton product

4. After the installation is complete, launch Norton 360 version 2.x and perform a "Comprehensive Scan" to check for infections.

Thanks,

Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757530