Error installing Windows 10 via USB flash drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mattt281

I recently purchased an SSD for my PC and then I additionally purchased a USB flash drive of which I then put the Windows 10 ISO on. I then picked a boot option that was for USBs and then I saw a loading screen that I would typically see if I were to boot my PC regularly. I should note that I have an Alienware-based PC and I wasn't able to use AlienRespawn at all if that matters. I then opened a menu using the F12 key and enabled UEFI Boot Mode since that mode must be enabled in order for the USB (I have plugged in with Windows 10) option to appear to me. So when I click the USB boot option, I receive an "error" that states: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. I have no idea what to do after that, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

HyperHenry

Henry
Did you burn the files as an ISO before you put it on the flash drive? If you just transferred the files it isn't an ISO. Id seems installing Windows from a flash drive is quite tricky. Do you not have a DVD drive your can burn it to?

Another option is to go back into the boot menu, and put your PC in Legacy Mode for boot. This will enable you to make your USB as the first in the boot sequence after you restart. If this does not work, the USB or files on it are likely the issue. Just remember to change your boot menu back to UEFI after everything is installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online