1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: It is not possible to disable connection...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Laurie52, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laurie52

Laurie52 Thread Starter

Another problem with my daughter's Satellite network connection now. After her computer recognized the reinstalled "Netgear WG111" as new hardware Solved: Dialup nor Satellite She had a a day and a half of connection to the Internet.

Now another problem came up that is preventing her from going online.

She now gets this error message:
    I looked around and found it "could be" a corrupted crypto service database problem and found this option to try:

But it does not work for her.

She is unable to go online (no dialup) to find new drivers. Would going to the Device Manager>Hardware Tab> finding the Network adaptor and right clicking "disable" help? I read that doing this and rebooting will cause Windows to reinstall the drivers automatically

Is this true?

The network adapter for her is a Netgear WG111T My son has the router.

2. Laurie52

Laurie52 Thread Starter

It has been three days. Any help?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    For new drivers you/she could download them with another computer and copy them to the crippled computer via removable media (CD, flash drive, etc.).

I didn't post earlier because I don't have anything more specific to offer, and you may not find the following at all helpful.

Her problems could be too much junk and/or registry corruption. I have little patience with that kind of stuff. I will spend weeks on one problem if necessary, but as soon as I get two or three of those tough problems I make sure my data is all backed up, check that I have or can get the drivers I need, and then format the disk and reinstall Windows. Sometimes I will first try a repair install to cut down on the workload.

4. Laurie52

Laurie52 Thread Starter

Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice