Error: It is not possible to disable connection...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Laurie52

Another problem with my daughter's Satellite network connection now. After her computer recognized the reinstalled "Netgear WG111" as new hardware Solved: Dialup nor Satellite She had a a day and a half of connection to the Internet.

Now another problem came up that is preventing her from going online.

She now gets this error message:
It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or system account.
I looked around and found it "could be" a corrupted crypto service database problem and found this option to try:

corrupted crypto service database...

Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then OK.

At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each line:

net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2

reboot the computer back to normal mode.
But it does not work for her.

She is unable to go online (no dialup) to find new drivers. Would going to the Device Manager>Hardware Tab> finding the Network adaptor and right clicking "disable" help? I read that doing this and rebooting will cause Windows to reinstall the drivers automatically

Is this true?

The network adapter for her is a Netgear WG111T My son has the router.

TerryNet

Terry
For new drivers you/she could download them with another computer and copy them to the crippled computer via removable media (CD, flash drive, etc.).

I didn't post earlier because I don't have anything more specific to offer, and you may not find the following at all helpful.

Her problems could be too much junk and/or registry corruption. I have little patience with that kind of stuff. I will spend weeks on one problem if necessary, but as soon as I get two or three of those tough problems I make sure my data is all backed up, check that I have or can get the drivers I need, and then format the disk and reinstall Windows. Sometimes I will first try a repair install to cut down on the workload.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online