Tech Support Guy banner

Error line 24 + 30

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve-x8086 
#1 ·
Every time I'm in this site, I get a Error Line 30 code when reviewing subjects and an Error Line 24 code after posting a reply. Both referr to JScript not supporting... Any Ideas?
I'm using W-95B, 333p2, IE3.0 - I know...
Thanks, Steve

[This message has been edited by Steve-x8086 (edited 09-07-1999).]

#2 ·
I think you answered your own question. IE3 doesn't support nearly as much Java as the new Netscape or IE4/5. I would guess that this site has code in it that IE3 can't deal with.

Anyone know for sure?

#7 ·
Well, I downloaded IE 4.01 with SP2. Hmmmmm
The layout isn't as easy as 3.0. The Font is huge even when the smallest size is selected. The Mail, Favorites and other sections are harder to read because they make many sub windows instead of center screen or full screen. NO More Error though.
-----
The 1st site that I brought up is yours and I found that some messages have disappeared. I read that your working on it though. I'll keep you informed. Thanks, Steve
-----
P.S. IE 4.0 now tells me that I am sending a message over the Net unsecured...even E-Mail all the time. Even to your site. How Aggravating. By again, Steve
-----
Well, either your site or the downloading made me log on my name and password for the 1st time since I've been with you. Also, when I read my mail ( I forgot the pw ) IE 4.0 made me log on to A1USA (my source) as if I hadn't ever used it before. Yes, I'm having difficulties. I'm not sure 4.0 is worth it at this moment. Hopefully it will let me send the message now. By again, Steve

#8 ·
This probably should be a new topic in the Windows software section, but for now

If you select the "Favorites" text instead of the icon, the split screen is eliminated.

For smaller fonts, once in IE4 click on
Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and I believe there is an option to display small icons. This is not the same as the "Text size settings". I don't have IE4 anymore. I am at version 5. If the smaller icons option is not there let us know. I seem to remember it being in the advanced options. It is different in IE5. You need to right click on the IE toolbar and select customize.

As far as the prompts you are getting there should be a box to check on some of them to "Not show this message again". Basically IE4 is setting up all of its "First Time" settings to get a basis for what you want and don't want. They will eventually go away.

BTW, there is no way you can stay at IE3 and not expect the errors. They will only get more numerous as time goes on. At some point I doubt that IE3 will even be functional on the net.

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 09-19-1999).]

#9 ·
Well, I had written a nice reply to end this thread but the site didn't put my name and password on the board automatically. I entered only Steve, forgetting -8086 and the site not only told me to try again but it ERASED my reply.{My problem may be due to the 4.0 changing my cookies. I'm checking}
[Went to Prefer.. here and reset them.]
On to 4.01. Thanks to all of you for your help. I've figured out a lot of the things about 4.0 by poking around. You're right, we have strayed from the origional topic so we should close this thread now. Again, thanks for all your help, Steve-x8086.

[This message has been edited by Steve-x8086 (edited 09-20-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Steve-x8086 (edited 09-20-1999).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.