1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error loading > Blue screen > Blank screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pkr505, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkr505

pkr505 Thread Starter

First I run Windows 2000 and keep it updated as much as Microsoft releases updates. I also reguarly run anti-virus, anti-spyware, defrag, etc. The problem started 2 weeks ago when I booted the computer it showed the MB splash screen and then instead of the 2000 loading screen it just showed "Error loading OS." in the top left. Well I figured the hard drive was going so I pulled it out, blew it off, tapped on it, checked connections and stuck it back in. Rebooted and everything seemed fine and has the past 2 weeks. Well today I was playing Civilization 4 and the screen went blue. Yes the dreaded blue screen, but no error messages on the screen or anything. Just a solid blue screen. The computer didn't respond to anything so I pushed the power button on the case. Well upon restarting nothing happens. Just a blank screen. No MB splash screen or anything. Everything is powered up and I can hear the hard drive spinning, but nothing is on the screen.

Specs:

Windows 2000 Pro
    ASUS P4C800E Deluxe mobo
    3.2Ghz P4
    1.0 GB Kingston ValueRAM
    ATI 9800XT
    Maxtor hard drive (Old)

Any help is appreciated.

2. wacor

wacor Banned

Doubt this will help but have you tried seeing if you can start in safe mode?

Reboot and hit F8 as it tries to start up. Think it is F8 in 2000

3. pkr505

pkr505 Thread Starter

Well I never get to the screen to push F8 on. Nothing shows up on the screen at all when I reboot. I just reset my video card also to try and rule it out. No change though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/443658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice