Error loading device driver NDISHLP.sys, Error 7323

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

halueb

Thanks for the help in advance.

I have a Pentinum 2-350 MHz running win98, first edition. I use IE6 with Comcast cable/ I have this machine tied to a Linksys Ethernet Cable / DSL Router.

I just spent several weeks with "khazars" ridding my system of a very stubborn virus.

After completing the removal I noted the following error message:

C:\>C:\Windows\netstart
Invalid value for binding specified
Invalid value for binding specified

Error loading device driver NDISHLP.sys

Error 7323: One or more network transport drivers failed to load

The computer is very slow. As I stated earlier significant effort has been expended over the last several months to rid my machine of viruses, adware, trogans, spyware, etc. I am confident that the machine is clean.

I reviewed another tech support forum and it was suggested to go into device manager and note any drivers with an exclamation point in a yellow circle. I have one of those for the Ndis2 driver. It suggested booting into Safe mode and removing this driver and then to restart in regular mode to have Windows rebuild the driver table. When I tried this I noted the following error message - "Setup cannot load the installer (netdi.dll) for the net hardware being installed. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

I also noted that in Control Panel I do not have a Network icon.

I do not know where to proceed from here.

Would updating to Win98SE help the situation or is it something I need to correct first before updating ? Or should I update at all ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Halueb

Good Evening halueb, I would suggest cleaning the thing completely and starting again.
Actually you might consider this operating system I am using, it would be ideal for that machine of yours, have a look at
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/
If you might like to try it I can give you a little assistance.
For general operation as a net, email and basic kind of machine it is pretty good, it has a bit of a learning curve involved but it is surprising. It is free.
Cheers, qldit.

halueb

Hello qldit,

I received your reply. Is the option of formatting the hard drive and starting over the only option available to me ? You did not comment on my suggestion of installing Win98SE. IS this nto a plausible solution ? Is the error message I am encountering so severe that the only recovery from it is a complete reformat and reinstall of the operating system ? What does this error message really mean ? Is something so severly corrupted that it cannot be recovered from ? Please provide a little more cackground so that I can fully understand the problem.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Halueb:(

Good Evening halueb, this kind of problem means different avenues of address to different people.
If you consider the thousands of files in your machine that are called under different circumstances even for the simplest displayed effect or function, and the probability of their integrity being affected by viral problems mentioned, and that this may not be apparent until certain calls are made, you will appreciate that even now your description infers you still have undetected problems.
Lost system integrity and pressing onward with it, in my opinion is a futile action.
I normally simply carefully clean and test the drive then clean load the system.
By the time you load all the extra software needed to try to protect your machine against viral and malware kinds of things these days, you will usually find the thing is substantially impaired. Let alone the expense involved.
There is no problem against reloading windows 98 apart from the protection needed for it and the continuous regular scans required..

I don't know what would be the cause of your error messages, but in cases where machines have been viral affected the causes often are significanly more complex than just one minor file with an error.
If you count the files on your machine and had some means of verifying that everything was proper it could take you ages.
If you had your system completely mirrored and could simply clean and reload the saved image would be really nice, but I suspect you have a system where you have had an accumulating undetected problem and now find it has severely crippled the thing.

My suggestion for trying this Linux system was due to it's inherent reliability and performance in a machine like yours without susceptibility to viral problems..

This is simply my experience others will have different ideas.

Do you have and adware, spyware and virus detection programs loaded?
Which programs are you using in these cases?
It is likely that your machine still contains undetected malware.
Cheers, qldit.

halueb

Hello qldit,

To provide you with a little background. I worked with another support tech to addrss the virus/malware issue I was experiencing. The tech requested that I run a hijack this log, down load adaware SE, Spybot and run them. Killbox was used to emove some of the more stubborn files. We removed a lot of malware and then ran a second hijack this log. The next pass included a scan with A-squared, some clean up with cwshredder and an online virus scan. A new hijack this log was generated and some more clean up was done and the tech I was working with indicated that after looking at the last log that my machine was clean. Then I noticed the problem I have described in my original post that you responded to. It took us working on and off for several weeks to get the machine cleaned up. All the software on the machine appears to run it just runs slow and my internet connection (cable) is very slow. It did not used to be. After geting the machine all cleaned I nstalled McAfee antivirus and run frequent updates and scans. Usually no problems found. I also run adaware and spybot about every third day but they run incredibily slow, sometimes taking up to six hours to complete a scan.

If you still think it is best to reformat the hard drive and reload the operating system I could use some guidance to complete this task so that I do not end up with a huge paper weight.

Would it hurt to try and load win98SE and see what happens?

I eagerly await your response.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online