error loading operating system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

codfish4

I dropped my vaio laptop and get the message. I get the SONY screen and then I get " Error loading operations sytem" and nothing happens. I hit control C and then I get a blank screen. Any hints on next steps?

CODFISH4

Reseat the hard drive caddy and go online to get the drive manufacturers disk diagnostics utility. Your drive may be dead or other components in the laptop may have been damaged.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Running a damaged laptop is slightly dangerous, I have had one suddenly burst into flames just below my face, I was not hurt but if I had not been there my family may have. They burn very hot and fast. Stay near it at all times you are testing, do not leave the building with it even plugged in and keep it off your lap and on a surface that will not burn. (I often use an old glass from a refrigerator shelf believe it or not. An optical mouse will not work on glass unless you set a mouse pad on top. )

Actually, the danger aspect is true for any computer dropped like this!

Odds are nothing will happen, but I thought a warning appropriate.
With mine, it very very quickly heated up in seconds but before I could react, it had exploded into smoke and flames...the smoke alone was terrible and choking. These days, I will never leave the room with one plugged in- I work on a lot of older, perhaps neglected ones, that have battery problems and may have been dropped, so I am not taking anymore chances!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online