1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Medium

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by enchantressg, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enchantressg

enchantressg Thread Starter

I need help with a dill file. I have Windows 98 Hp Pavilion, I know how to keep the computer clean on the regerstry, tmp. files ect ect. Been doing it for years. I have McAfee V sheild as well as Norton utitilies cleaning tools. One morning I turned on my computer and it made a real bad sound. Went to the net and did a scan found a trojon was in my computer. Got rid of it. I did a norton systems check and all was normal. Computer ran fine for about a week... then it started to freeze on me and or show the Error window in many of my applications. I did a norton systems check and I got a problems.... C:\Program Files\Commonfiles\InstalShield\Professional\RunTime\10\00\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe with message can not access a necessary file mscoree.dill. When I went to repair it ...well it says I can't repair it. It also said the severity of this problem is Medium. Can you help me. If not please tell me who can. Thank you Gayla

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Read here.

Personally, I wouldn't use McAfee or Norton if they were given to me. :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice