1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message: A:/ is not accessible

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcheal, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcheal

jcheal Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I have a curly one here. I have floppy disks created from a 98SE machine with important data on them. I've upgraded to Windows XP and now the disks display the error message "A:/ is not accessible No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk".

As I understand it this is because the operating system is looking for a piece of data that 98SE floppies dont have. I have no access to a 98 machine any more, nor do I know anyone else who still uses Windows 98. How do I get the data from these disks so I can use it with XP?

Jace.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice