Error message at startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Buddy21972

When i turn on my Compaq Presario it starts up ok, i get to the user chosing place, i pick "rob" (that's my name) and press ok. then everything starts up, it is all fine, but lately i have got an error message that plainly says "Cannot open file. May be corrupted. Replace the file with a new one and try again." i don't know what to do. i have just been pressing ok, and everthing works ok, but it is kinda an annoyance. So if you could help me, that would be great. Oh, i have windows ME if that is any help.

What is the name of the file? The full error message would help.

Also do this, from start>run, enter: msconfig

>> when the System Configuration utility opens (msconfig), click on the "Startup" programs tab. Look for an entry that refers to to name of the file which is reported missing. If you want that software to run, you may need to reinstall it. Otherwise you can clear the check for it and it will not try to load.

But let us know what it is.

(and welcome to the board :) )

Buddy21972

That's the thing, that is the whole error file. there is no file path name of anything.

Del

It's always good to have a good anti virus program and keep it updated..
Del

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online