Error Message At Welcome Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crushbone

I just recently turned on my laptop and it froze at the welcome screen.

I waited a couple of minutes and this error message came up:

HPWirelessMgr.exe - Application Error:
The instruction at "0x76b21285" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

What should I do?

crushbone

I can't boot into Safe Mode and when I click OK or CANCEL it doesn't do anything.

The error can come from a myriad od sources, it seems that in this case the HP Wireless Manager process is trying to read from memory that does not exist (its being referred to the wrong memory location)

This can be faulty RAM, a faulty Hard Drive or just a corruption in the program.
Or just a one-time glitch from a power disturbance, or....

Does it happen every time you reboot?

Try reseating the RAM.

Open regedit

"Start->Run->"regedit" <enter>"

browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Now look for HPWirelessMgr.exe in the list.

If found, delete it.

Reboot.

-niko

crushbone

Well I cannot be able to get into Windows. I read on another website with the same problem and said to repair Windows, so I did and now I get the Blue Screen of death. Looks like I have to reformat unless there is another way around this?

well if you can get to safe mode that would help a lot you could go to start run msconfig then stop that process from starting. but im guessing if your ram really is bad. the computer will get that error on another program that loads too.
if all else boot to a floppy and go to dos LOL do the command

del then the location of file if you know it

Hey I am having the same problem did u ever fix this glich? if so can you help me out.

efren...

boot to safe mode then go to
Start
run
type msconfig
enter
go to startup
and uncheck the program that is giving you the error

I just got this problem this morning. I turned my laptop off last night and let Windows XP do it's own update and shutdown. When I turned it on this morning my log in names were gone and I got this same HPWirelessMgr.exe Application Error.

I went into Safe Mode but I still couldn't log in, it would tell me "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

So I'm stuck with just the log in screen.

Anyone got any ideas?

I hadn't found a solution. Our computer Admin is just going to go ahead and ghost the computer so I can get back online using it.

If anyone does come up with a solution, please post it so that it is available for future reference for others.

Thanks anyways!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online