1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message before main menu of empire earth

Discussion in 'Games' started by SmartasAE, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartasAE

SmartasAE Thread Starter

Before the main menu of Empire Earth (the very first one, not the expansion or empire earth 2) appears, and after the cut scenes, I get an error message thats says:

The Instruction at "0x211119d6" referenced memory at "0x0be97fb8". The memory could not be "read."

After this, the only thing i can click is "OK", which ten terminates the game.

My computer exceeds the minimum requirements, and i've tried rebooting my computer and reinstalling the game. I've also tried scanning the computer viruses or spyware (no viruses, all spyware was corrected) with the up-to-date versions of Spybot SD and Karensky Anti-Virus 6.0. I've checked my hard disk for errors (and then defragmented it), and even disabled all start up programs through msconfig and tried to run empire earth, it still didnt work. my virtual memory is set correctly. All of my video and sound drivers up to date and i have the latest version of DirectX 9c.

I have windows xp with sp 2
    -nVidia GeForce FX 5500, 128mb
    AMD Athalon processor (1.4ghz)
    -the latest patch of the game is applied
    i have 504 mb of RAM

if there is anything else i can do to fix this problem, i hope you guys can tell it to me.

Thanks in advance

2. catastrophee

catastrophee

Sounds like something that would have me too ;)

The best thing is a clean system, and window cant really stay clean for a good year.

Im strongly going to get into linux and scripting things, mainly because theres a lot of money to be made there and it always intrest me as a kid. Plus im a gamer and got alot of viruses in the past, makes it essential for me to learn to deal with little problems.

This is the right place to look for answers, just need to give it some time. This site is the best out there, especially now here in 2007!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/548918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice