Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error message disk drive

978 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My laptop (Alienware M11x) fell off my desk the other day while i was cleaning n ever since i cant get it to start up. I ran a pre start system test and got "ERROR CODE 0146" and "ERROR MESSAGE 2000-0146" appear on my screen.

Anyone know the issue this relates to or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
You didn't say if that fall was on carpeting or on a hard floor and if it did any visible damage to that laptop.

Open the hard drive and RAM module bays and see if they got dislodged and need to be reseated.

It's very possible that one or more hardware devices inside the case got dislodged or damaged.

You may need to have a reliable laptop repair technician look at it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
Hi guys sorry it fell approx 3' and landed flat on floorboards. No visable damage other than that error i mentioned during start up.

Replacing harddrive does that mean all the data i have is lost. Thats bad all my wedding photos and business documents.....

#5 ·
You never know if and when a computer is going to "crash and burn".
That's why important/irreplaceable personal data(documents, photos, music, etc.) should be backed up on a regular basis.
I've read several horror stories here over the years from people who lost months or years of important/irreplaceable personal data because they never backed it up and never expected something bad to happen to their computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
You might be able to recover some data off the drive if you connect the drive to another computer. If the data isn't backed up and is extremely then I would recommend you take the computer to a reputable local repair shop to have them attempt to recover the data for you.

External drives or USB sticks are cheap, there's tons of free and paid cloud storage backup solutions, there's no reason in this day an age to not know and have backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.