1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message during DVD burn

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by yzrider3, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yzrider3

yzrider3 Thread Starter

I searched the forum, and I cannot find anything to help me out. I filmed some racing this weekend on my DV camera. I then, loaded it into windows movie maker. I edited it, added some titles, added some music, pictures, ect. Saved it (do you need to save it a specific way?) Then I went to save to dvd. so then its saving movie so it can be copied to a dvd. So it does that, then I start the burn. then about halfway throgh, while it says converting files, it gets half way in about 30 seconds, then it pauses, then the bars fill up and it kicks it out and says "Movie Maker cannot create the DVD because an error occurred." So then I tried doing it in media center. I saved it, got it converted so i can open it in media center, go through the steps on there, and it gets about 25% thru the burn, then kicks it out and gives me the same message. I can get the movie to play, no problems all the way through in any program that supports video, I just cant get it to burn. I have seen a few places that say you cannot make dvd's with windows movie maker. If so, then why does it give you the option? I know you cant make dvd's with windows media player, but the other two, give the same error message. I also saw that you cant use DVD-R, it has to be +? I havent tried that, I was going to go to the store and buy one, or a 5 pack, whatever the minimum is and try that. I also saw somewhere that I need a dvd athoring program? I am starting to get irritated. I just wanted to film the racing, put it on the computer, and put it to a dvd. This is 3 days into now going into several tech help centers, windows help, ect. So anyways, please let me know what I can try. Also, some people dont always care, But I like to know WHY, it helps me better understand my computer and the way it works. Thanks
    Oh and I saw the link to download DVD flick, Idownloaded it, but when I try to open my projects from movie maker in it, it closes.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You can not make set top playable DVDs with WMM. In MS' own words:

You need an authoring program to create DVD compliant files.

That depends on you burner, all modern burners support +/- blanks.

DVD Flick is a rather twitchy program at this time, and although there are other free options available they require quite a bit of knowledge to use successfully.

You best bet would be to use a more mature commercial program to capture, edit, author and burn your footage.

Give the free trial of Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 a shot. The standard $35 version may suit your needs.

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/features.htm

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/dmf5_features.pdf

There are quite a few forums out there that deal specifically with all the ins and outs of video, this isn't one of them.

3. yzrider3

yzrider3 Thread Starter

OK thanks... I will try that free trial and let you know how it works.

4. yzrider3

yzrider3 Thread Starter

So.....I downloaded that trial version, transferred my video to it, but can you add like credits and stuff like that like what you can add in movie maker? or is that only if you buy the whole package? it just seemsl ike in movie maker you have more freedom todo what you want to the video than you do in Ulead. Except for toggling the video. thats pretty cool....especially for getting stills outta the video.

5. yzrider3

yzrider3 Thread Starter

OK never mind cuz I found a program in my computer called Cyberliink Power2go, and it automatically converts any files brought into and formats them to burn onto a DVD and it worked awsome!!! so thanks for the help though. It did clear things upwith why the prgram wasnt burning. I feel a lil dee-de-dee for those of you who have seen carlos mencia.
    TOPIC CLOSED!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!