1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message during uninstallation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by callmekatie, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callmekatie

callmekatie Thread Starter

I was recently trying to uninstall my AVG Virus scan program and during the installation
    I received this error message - Error: checking of state of the item file link _ All_Users_AVGW_Desk failed. The directory is not empty. (145)

2. Augie65

Augie65

Download the latest AVG Free installation package from AVG Free 7.5
    Run the AVG Free install file and choose the Uninstall option and follow the setup wizard, when you get to the part to remove user settings, select it.
    Restart your computer and if you want to reinstall, reinstall AVG using the setup file you got and update it.
    You might want to try all this in safe mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice