1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message every time I start up MSN Browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nora503, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nora503

nora503 Thread Starter

Every time I start up an log on to MSN I get an error message in my task bar. I am unable to pull it up when I click on the error message. It doesn't seem to effect any other programs other than the browser, mainly when I am in my e-mail box. This message lingers around for about 10 minutes and then disappears. After that everything works just fine. ???

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

What error message

3. nora503

nora503 Thread Starter

that's just it....it won't say. It just says "error reporting" at the bottom of the task bar. I click on it to see what it is and nothing happens.

4. nora503

nora503 Thread Starter

that's just it....it won't say. It just says "error reporting" at the bottom of the task bar. I click on it to see what it is and nothing happens.

5. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Have you thought of switching to a new browser? I switched to Firefox which
    is safer, faster, and not as bloated.

The popularity of alternative web browser Firefox continues to rise at the expense of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, according to a new study.

Mozilla, an open-source software foundation formed by Netscape, launched Firefox 1.0 in November, after recording more than eight million downloads of its test version. As downloads continued to surge, measurement firms such as WebSideStory and Dutch market researcher OneStat.com began releasing data tracking Firefox gains and IE declines. In December, OneStat reported that IE's market share had slipped to 88.9 per cent, a figure Microsoft disputed.

Even though Microsoft maintains the dominance it has enjoyed since defeating Netscape Communications' browser in the mid-1990s, Firefox's snowballing popularity is raising eyebrows.

Much of Firefox's success rides on it simply not being IE. Firefox fans have praised the new browser's automatic pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing features, but security has been one of the big points. Viruses and spyware are often aimed at IE because of its near-total market dominance.

Since beginning its measurements last summer, WebSideStory has been cautious to draw any broad conclusions about Firefox's popularity. This time around, the company said many people are not only downloading Firefox, they're sticking with it and using it.

Geoff Johnston, an analyst at WebSideStory, said: "We are finding that in many cases there's room for two browsers on the desktop, and in other cases people are completely switched over."

A Microsoft spokesman did not immediately comment for this story

6. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Does this happen when you're viewing the MSN homepage? MSN Messenger?

MSN seems to have many issues lately. They've been doing server upgrades.

7. nora503

nora503 Thread Starter

well I won't be switching browsers. It comes free with my verizon internet service and I don't want to pay for other browsers. I am very pleased with it. It has a great parental controls that I like for the kids. This is only a recent problem and didn't have issues until a month ago.

This happens for about the first 10 minutes after I log on and go into the Mail & More options.

8. nora503

nora503 Thread Starter

I just want to make a correction. The before mentioned problem occurs even when I'm just browsing the net. So it's not just when I am in my e-mail box.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice