Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error message from graphics card, PC not booting

6K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a DELL OPTIPLEX GX620 with a 500GIG blank graphics card and Radeon graphics card.

After booting the PC, it shows this message on the screen: 113-B27602-112 RV610 GDDR2_32Mx16 64bi

After taking some research my first clue is that something is wrong with the graphics card.

I don't know what is going on but I want to be able to install XP but before that I want to know what is going on and how to solve it.

Thank you

#2 ·
Sounds like the system isn't completing POST. The "message" that you are seeing on the screen is likely just the last completed step before it fails. The line above would appear to be video card related, but that doesn't actually mean that you have a video card issue.

I have a DELL OPTIPLEX GX620 with a 500GIG blank graphics card and Radeon graphics card.
<What does that mean? It sounds like you are saying that you have two video cards installed.

#4 ·
Sounds like the system isn't completing POST. The "message" that you are seeing on the screen is likely just the last completed step before it fails. The line above would appear to be video card related, but that doesn't actually mean that you have a video card issue.

<What does that mean? It sounds like you are saying that you have two video cards installed.
The PC however is not using it's standard video card to display it's desktop screen, it's using its Radeon graphics card that was installed years ago, if you try and use the standard video card it sets off a beep code. From the start it refused to run without the graphics card being the default to display the screen and won't start up properly without it

#3 ·
The PC however is not using it's standard video card to display it's desktop screen, it's using its Radeon graphics card that was installed years ago, if you try and use the standard video card it sets off a beep code. From the start it refused to run without the graphics card being the default to display the screen and won't start up properly without it.

#7 ·
If that 500 GB hard drive is blank/empty, you need to format it and install a Windows operating system in it.

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on your Dell OptiPlex GX620?

Depending on what hardware(processor, RAM, graphics, etc.) it has, it's capable of running the 32-bit version of Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7.
I previously owned the minitower model and ran Windows 7 32-bit in it with a supported graphics card and maxed out with 4 GB of DDR2 RAM.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
It has no service code pretty much because it used to be a computer running for Exon Mobil and was once connected to a power plant. We know that it is capable of running windows Vista and 7 but with its 1.50 GIG of RAM on it it cant run very fast.

My father was able to get it booting up properly and windows installation started, it took hours to format before it froze and came with the blue screen of death.

But we once had DELL services check it before and it is qualified as a DELL PC.

#9 ·
The Windows installation shouldn't take "hours", so there is likely some sort of hardware issue. The BSOD error would have been a good indication of what caused the problem.

And you will want more RAM for it to be useable without constantly thrashing the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.