Error message help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mazza

hi,
im trying to install my software for my printer but when ive clicked on the install icon that comes up i get a new box appear with the following message!!

16 bit windows subsystem

c:\windows\system 32\autoexec.nt.The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications.choose 'close' to terminate the application.

please could somebody advice me on this problem!!

thank you

If you are tyring to install old software on a newer OS like XP you need to get the latest software from the Mfg.'s site.

mazza

Hi, thanks for your reply!

would it be the software as it is a brand new printer? Also i have downloaded service pack 2 would this have caused a message like this or could it be a virus??

thank you for your help

yes, there is a space after expand....
if your cd drive is d, simply copy paste this:
expand d:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt

mazza

Found out problem! xp service pack 2 caused problems so i uninstalled it! everything is ok now!!

thanks for help everyone :) (y)

Can someone please tell me what this error message is and how I can fix it? I get this error everytime I turn my computer on: c:\winnt\bxsx5.dll. I have windows 2000 xp pro. Please help me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online