1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message, I'm Fed Up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by linda_jb, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Hello'

After major problems with XP2 i had a "expert" get the computer going again but still he put XP2 back on when I wanted to go back to XP1.
    I am having so many screen freezes and restarts that have never happened before. Also when NAV does it's scan there used to be approx. 90000 files but now it is 145000. I regularly defrag, empty temp. internet files etc.

It was happening mainly when I was on the internet but now it's anytime.

I get the black screen with the following message:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0x0000000A (0x841297EF, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, ox804E5080)

I am absolutely fed up. I have saved to CD all My Pictures/Shared Pictures,
    My Documents/Shared Documents and Downloads. Would it be easier to start all over again or is there an easier way. I will be offline for a few hours but any advice would be appreciated.

Pentium4 2.4
    512MR
    60G

2. natcom

natcom

let me ask you something did he upgrade sp1 to sp2 or he install windows xp with sp2 in it ?

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I suppose the extra files during scan are due to XP2 being installed,can you not uninstall XP2,via add/remove in the control panel it should be easy enough and re-install SP1?

4. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Hi,
    He told me that he downloaded XP2 onto his server but he took my XP1 disk with him so I presume he only did what I did off the XP2 disk. In the Add/Remove programs down the bottom of the list is XP2, what will happen if I delete it? I'm worried that I won't have my computer to use at all and can't afford to keep paying somebody to look at it. It's only 18 months old. I had Spybot, Spysweeper, Adaware and Zonealarm as well as NAV and never had a problem before XP2.

I would like to know what that error message means though.

Thanks

5. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Whoops, I should have asked how do I reinstall XP1 - never done it before as everything was loaded when I bought the computer.

6. telecom69

7. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

That error message, without mentioned the word "DRIVER" in font of the other words, can, and did in my case last year, point to a mismatch in the RAM sticks or some other form of memory fault. When the Windows jingle plays at startup, is it clear or scratchy and out of tune?

8. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Hi,
    Saga Lout the Jingle is clear.

I'm worried (depending on what the 'expert' done) that by going back it will be to a desktop that had not start menu,icons or taskbar that I couldn't do anything with.

10 minutes ago I got the following message:

DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00450084,0x00000002,0x00000001,0xF86CD150)

wanarp.sys - Adress F86CD150 base at F86C800. Datestamp 41107c89

Bye

9. natcom

natcom

i believe that there is likely an application that is causing the problem.

Simply disable all the startup applications and check ifthe problem persists:

1, Click Start - RUN, type MSCOONFIG and press enter.
    2. Click Startup tab and click Dsable All.
    3. Click Apply and OK and restart the computer when prompted.

Check if the problem persists, if no then it is one of the startup loader which u need to identify. Also, empty the Temp Internet files and disable unwaned services.

If the problem persists then it is one of the drivers. Try to upate drivers, disable unused devices [espcially if not in use] and check if that helps.

10. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

It may have started after I reinstalled Ahead Nero 5.5.8.3 and InCD3.29.0 so I have uninstalled them and will see if that makes a difference. If not I will try the above.

Thanks

11. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

hi
    I uninstalled XP2 successfully but I am still haveing the same problems.

Today I had a fault that said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA and these I found earlier

Friday, 24 September 2004 The application, C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/24/2004 @ 11:20:22.937 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 76208611 (WININET!InternetCanonicalizeUrlA)

Friday, 24 September 2004 The application, C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/24/2004 @ 11:20:53.031 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 76208611 (WININET!InternetCanonicalizeUrlA)

If I was to take the processor back to the store and have a new hard drove put in and my XP1 put back on it would that solve the problem, or should I attempt to repair or reinstall Xp myself. (not quite that confident really)

Thanks

12. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Sorry,
    Spelling error - new hard drive

13. telecom69

I will get someone who is a lot better at these things than I am to look at this problem for you linda,taking it back to the store will cost you quite a bit so hang on a bit .....

I have now asked Rollin Rog one of the Moderators to look at your problem he is very good and will be along so hang in there :)

14. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If these problems have followed an upgrade to XP SP2, and you can find that in Add/Remove programs, I would recommend removing it. It will take up to an hour, but should return you to XP SP1, no further reinstall needed.

If you still get errors after the uninstall, you can also use System Restore to return to the checkpoint prior to the upgrade which caused the problems.

15. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Thank you for all your help.

I had no problem uninstalling xp2 from the Add/Remove panel but
    I can only restore the computer back to 12 Sept the day the 'expert' brought the computer back with xp2 installed and the problems have been the same ever since.

The store where I bought it from will format the hard drive for me for $NZ85 so it will be worth the bucks to save me stress.

Thanks again.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!