Error Message in XP TWCU.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

happychic

Hi, This is my first post and am a little nervous.

Yesterday got error message TWCU.exe "unable to locate component"
Failed to start athcfgIIRes.dll was not found

PC seems to be running ok, I use Avast! antivirus. Done scan all ok

I have noticed other posts mentioning this as TP LINK error?
I use a router using TP LINK wireless software.

Question I have is,

Have i got something nasty on my pc, or is it related to the TP LINK software?

If it is something nasty, any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!

TWCU.exe is a TP-LINK 11G Wireless Client Utility. Are you sure that's the name of the DLL file? I'm unable to find anything about it, which seems weird. Check the spelling. The obvious reason could be that due to data corruption or loss, the DLL file is missing and therefore the exe is not able to function properly. A re-install of the wireless driver should probably help.

happychic

Thanks for your help. I actually did re install the driver. And the error message hasn't come up again! So hopefully all is good. Fingers crossed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online