1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message loading drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bnb, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnb

bnb Thread Starter

okay i formated my hard drive. ran scandisk. installed win 98 and then upgraded to ME. no problems so far.

then i attempted to install all the drivers that come on system board disk pc100 v7.70a. my mb is a socket A m754lmr. bios updated with m754mlr.rom 8/21/01 a week ago. its thelatest bios up date i could find at amptron. the processor is a piii866 with an antec 400 watt ss.

i believe the computer installed the sudio drivers before the reboot and everything was still okay. then it installed the next batch on stuff and gave me this error:

MSgsrv22

in a white box on the blue screen of deathhhhhhh.

whats up?

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) what is the exact error message...word for word?

2) you said
    what "stuff"?

3. bnb

bnb Thread Starter

somehow when download the rest of the drivers my cd file got messed up. i had to reinstall everything and it all works now. now i know the error message was in regards to the cd player.

MSgsrv22 is apparently my cd driver.

Now on to bigger fish. I cant get my pci slot graphics card to work on this system. It is a geoforce 2 mx 4oo pci card.

i have dirrectx 8.1 installed and the onboard is an alladin tnt2. I removed its dirvers and tried to hook up the video card but the screen is blank.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice