1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message on laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jimmymerlin, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmymerlin

jimmymerlin Thread Starter

Hi I'm brand new to the forum but I hope someone can help. Recently my Dell Latitude D531 has shut down itself a few times but each time it has started up ok after this. However, 2 days ago the screen went off and a long message on a blue screen came up and the error message starts by saying :- a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    It then says :- A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.
    The message then says a few other things about making sure hardware and software are installed correctly.
    I am not very handy when it comes to problems on my laptop so I just tried to install a previous back up version but the problem still exists.
    Please can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this but I am not really good on the laptop so I hope the instructions will be fairly easy to follow !!!!
    Many thanks
    Jimmymerlin

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy and welcome. What is the OS?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Dell Latitude D531 laptop is several years old and came with 1 GB of RAM and supports Windows XP and Windows Vista.

When was Windows 7 installed in it, and is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice