error message on phone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

happycathy

hi there,
I keep getting an error message when I use internet on my phone. its a samsung galaxy S7. it happens both on chrome and on the provided samsung internet app. the error message reads "404 not found" then below, "file not found" and a link which, when pressed just loops me back to the same error message. it happens when i click links as well as when i type in a url, even to my email. ive tried restarting my phone, force stopping the apps, clearing all the history and cookies etc. thats the extent of my knowledge on fixes. i would delete the apps and reinstall them but i dont think that will help, since its more than one browser doing it? any suggestions would be great.

TerryNet

Terry
Does this happen when you are trying to use cellular data? If so, are you sure you have a reasonably strong signal and have "use cellular data" switched on?

Does this happen when you are trying to use Wi-Fi? If so, are you sure that you are connected to a wireless network and have "use Wi-Fi switched on"?

happycathy

Does this happen when you are trying to use cellular data? If so, are you sure you have a reasonably strong signal and have "use cellular data" switched on?

Does this happen when you are trying to use Wi-Fi? If so, are you sure that you are connected to a wireless network and have "use Wi-Fi switched on"?
It happens on both cellular data and wifi. I have tried multiple wifi signals as well. My phone used to work fine on data and wifi.

hi there,
I keep getting an error message when I use internet on my phone. its a samsung galaxy S7. it happens both on chrome and on the provided samsung internet app. the error message reads "404 not found" then below, "file not found" and a link which, when pressed just loops me back to the same error message. it happens when i click links as well as when i type in a url, even to my email. ive tried restarting my phone, force stopping the apps, clearing all the history and cookies etc. thats the extent of my knowledge on fixes. i would delete the apps and reinstall them but i dont think that will help, since its more than one browser doing it? any suggestions would be great.
Is it a new phone, like you bought it recently?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online