1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message play GTA: III

Discussion in 'Games' started by dandenoth, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dandenoth

dandenoth Thread Starter

Here's what it says:

unhandled exception: c0000005
    at adress: 005502d3

Then after that, I get the little "This program has preformaned an error... blah blah... would you like to send this to Microsoft..."

In case it helps, here's my layout:

Athlon XP 2600+ @ 1.9ghz
    Syntax Mobo KT-400 Chipset
    512 MB RAB
    GeForceFX 5700
    VIA Onboard Sound

What I have done so far: Installed latest Nvidia drivers, downloaded the GTA: III patch, and installed latest version of DirectX. The weird part of it all, is that it doesn't do at any real specific point in time. It can be right as a game is loaded, during a cutscene, or whilist I'm running down the street, or gunning some poor innocent pedestrian down. I'm stumped. I can download more drivers, but I think I have the latest!

2. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    Have you installed any "aftermarket" patches. Like weapon cheats, costume cheats, etc? There could be a problem with them. I think whats happening, if you do have a "aftermarket" cheat while the game is on, it is attempting to access this file and then it fails and causes the game to crash.

3. dandenoth

dandenoth Thread Starter

No, I don't have any aftermarket patches. I just bought the game, so I didn't even have the time to do it. I have also now upgraded my sound drivers, still the same error.

4. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    Well, then I don't know what to tell you besides contact Take-2 (Rockstar Games) and tell them about the problem. I experience crashes on my machine with it but for me 1 it's a copy (shhhh - we're not supposed to say that on here) [​IMG] and 2 i have aftermarket patches. But if you just bought it, then there could be a problem elsewhere. What are your machine specs? Do you have to use the CD to run the game, that could also be a problem??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice