1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message--PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by andyw80, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andyw80

andyw80 Thread Starter

Someone please help
    when my pc starts up i get this message
    ravcpl64.exe entry point not found The procedure entry point closeprinter could not be located in dynamic library winspool.drv

My printer doesn't work..troubleshooting wont fix it ..PLUG And play wont work..no printers in device manager

also when i try and use notepad i get this message

notepad.exe procedure entry point not found
    The procedure entry point getprinterdriverw could not be located in the dynamic link library winspool.drv

Windows 7 64 OS
    PLEASE HELP ME

2. w7pro

w7pro

3. andyw80

andyw80 Thread Starter

Yes, It was installed and worked fine..but for some reason this morning I got that message

4. w7pro

w7pro

That is pretty odd, particularly if it installed without incident. The only other things I could suggest is a) to see if it works on another computer and b) maybe uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if you get the same error message.

5. andyw80

andyw80 Thread Starter

Maybe something is wrong with this winspool.drv file? b/c i get an error message with this file name for notepad and a few more programs? can u help me fix this?

6. w7pro

w7pro

Beyond doing a Windows Update to see if the drivers need to be updated, I'm slightly stumped with this one.

7. andyw80

andyw80 Thread Starter

i tried that...nope

no clues?

8. w7pro

w7pro

The only other thing I can think of is that it might be a hardware issue, at which point, you might want to try testing another printer if you have one available to you, otherwise, I'm skint on additional suggestions.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice