1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message "please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log to detremine your problem

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Arcade Discussion' started by ddkakani, Apr 24, 2009.

Advertisement
  1. ddkakani

ddkakani Thread Starter

hi i m using windows xp proffesional OS i wanted to install Directx 9.0c on 9.0b so i eradicated 9.0b but now when i m trying to install diretcx 9.0c it initialises and gives an error message "please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.logof your windows folder to detremine your problem"
    plz help me what to do to make my pc work normally as it was working before. i am also unable to run any video media player :(

2. ddkakani

ddkakani Thread Starter

plz elp me fast!!!!!!!!!!

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

4. JustJudy

JustJudy

Try downloading it from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/
    Click on FileHippo Mirror for the latest download version.
    Possibly something happened with your last download of it, and that could be why it won't install.
    Also, you say you "eradicated" 9.0b- how did you go about doing that?

5. ddkakani

ddkakani Thread Starter

can u tell me that how to update DirectX 9.0b to DiretcX 9.0c

6. JustJudy

JustJudy

7. Erethren

Erethren

I'm having the same error. I'm using a toshiba laptop, windows 7. I play and online game (perfectworldinternational.com) and when the game last updated it demanded DirectX 9.0c . I tried to download at microsoft.com but got the same error message. I need step by step asistance.

8. JustJudy

JustJudy

Hi Erethren,
    Click here On the right hand side of the window that opens you will see the newest version. Click on the green arrow next to where it says download the latest version.
    Good luck!
    Judy

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/821361