1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PBG_Fl_Native, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PBG_Fl_Native

PBG_Fl_Native Thread Starter

my machine CONSTANTLY crashes and I get this message in return :confused: Can anyone help me out ???:)

Using XP home SP2 w/ :

318 MB RAM
    Intel Celeron , MMX ,~460 MHz processor
    Intel 82810 graphics controller
    1024 x 768 16 bit 60 hz

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Are you using a video card, or are the graphics onboard?

Either way, download the latest drivers for that card.

Go into devoce manager, delete the current drivers, reboot, and install the new drivers, reboot and see if you get the same problems.

3. PBG_Fl_Native

OB graphics on a HP 6553 Pavilion that HAD Win 98 on it

4. valis

valis Moderator

download the newest drivers for the motherboard. If you don't know your motherboard make and model, download the free everest version from majorgeeks.com. This is an error that has to do (generally) with corrupt video drivers.

loser, btw, happy birthday. Sure I'll see the 'official' thread at some point in time. :)

v

5. PBG_Fl_Native

TKS i'll give that a try !

6. joshuamcdo

joshuamcdo

iI am not sure how many people this will work for, I know after days of fine tuning and memory dumps and combing over things I finally found a solution to the problem and it works 100% for me.

While looking at one of the dumps I generated, I noticed the last thing I saw was 3 letters that could have been easily overlooked. However, having owned a creative MP3 player, I knew what these three little letters mean. E.A.X. I also knew that this is a function of a "Creative" device, and I also knew I didn't have one in this new system.

So I fired up "Configure Far Cry" and got to looking around... Under sound options, there it was bigger than anything. EAX enabled.. Among a few other things like hardware mixer and such. So I turned everything but the first option off. Fired up Far Cry and it worked.. I thought to myself, this must be one of "Those times" that it works for no good reason.. So I rebooted the machine and fired up Far Cry and again it worked, and has worked over 50 times since then. So as it turns out, MS is blaming a video device driver because it's "the most likely cause" when in fact it is sound related.

Hope this helps someone..

Joshua McDowell

Linux FE

7. PBG_Fl_Native

what is far cry ?

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It may well be a display driver, it often is.

But we really need to know WHAT driver is getting stuck.

If you are not seeing a driver file mentioned -- do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last 2 or 3 minidump files to that folder. They are numbered by date.
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select "Send to (folder name).zip"
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

9. joshuamcdo

joshuamcdo

Far cry is an excellent game that can push even the best SLI setup to it's limits. Like I said, I disabled the sound options that I didn't have and it is still 100% working..;

Joshua McDowell

Linux Networx FE

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice