Error Message that I need help on!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomcat31875

I download a lockout program from http://www.dynamicdesigns.co.uk after using the program I was unpleased by its performance so I uninstalled it according the websites directions, but I'm still locked out of my PC. I can't access any of my programs or any of my settings, my documents, or even the RUN in my start menu most of them aren't even listed in the start menu. when I try to open a program I recieve a Error Message that says "This operation has been cancelled due to the restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I set an administrator password when I set the Lockout program up, but I have no way of getting a prompt for the administrator password. I tried starting in safe mode according to Microsoft's Tech support website. But that didn't work either. I can't open the registry cleaner to remove the program's footprint because their is no RUN option in my start menu...Please help me resolve my problem someone....It would be greatly appreciated...

blues_harp28

Hi and welcome to TSG..Best to keep to one thread..
Did you undo any changes you made before deleting this program??

Tomcat
Blues_Harp is correct in that you should undo all changes before uninstall using this type of program since it updates the registry. That is water over the dam now however.
Two items you could try.
1) Reinstall the program if it will let you to see if gain access.
2) Use your Bootdisk and do a scanreg /restore to a previous registry. Hopefully this program did not remove those registry back-ups. If five days of start-ups has not lapsed this may just help unlock the mess.

Scanreg /Restore Procedure

Good Luck

Dave

tomcat31875

Thanks for the advise. But it has me blocked out of C: and D: drive, so the CD/ROM isn't reading the boot disk. And since C: drive is locked also and it won't let me into any of my programs, and when I try to download it again the place that it will let save it to, is My Computer. Which only shows the control panel folder and I won't let me access any of the programs or settings options in the control panel. Because I have tried to downloaded the program again but it won't let me. So is there anything else that I can do or am I totally screwed???:confused:

blues_harp28

Hi..try f 8 at start up..choose command prompt..type scanreg/restore
Choose date prior to problem..not the oldest..

blues_harp28

Hi..in your pm,you say you cannot reach command prompt..
What appears..when you press f 8 at start up??

tomcat31875

as the computer is going through the bootup sequence I push F8 and then it goes to the Windows logo screen and then the desktop screen pops up and then finishes start up. I have to be honest I'm tired of trying to fix this Dinosaur so tomorrow I am going to Office Depot where I have found a KICK A#@ Compaq with a AMD Athlon 64 bit 3500+ Media Edtion system. It has Lightscribe and a wicked graphics and sound card, 1 Gb SDRAM, and a 200 Mb hard drive....Plenty of power and space for my music and busniess purposes.....Thanks for all the help and I appreciate all the advise....from everyone

tomcat31875

I'm still locked out of my computer Blue_Harp tried to help but with no luck can anyone else give me a hand

I don't have any brilliant ideas but I wonder if you have tried the email Support option for advice?. I assume you have already had to apply for an unlock password for the uninstaller, so another one won't help, particularly if you don't have the option to input passwords; http://www.dynamicdesigns.co.uk/lockout/password.htm.

The program appears to be working (rather too well in your case), so it should 'expire' when the 30 day time limit is reached, assuming your uninstallation attempts haven't stopped the clock running.

:) Since this is a trial version set to expire in 30 days, try setting the time/date in BOTH the BIOS and Windows to a month from now. Change the BIOS time/date first remembering to save changes as you exit, then set the Windows time/date. Reboot after setting the Windows time. Hopefully, after fifteen to twenty minutes have passed since the reboot, the lockout program will think that the "trial period" has elapsed and disabled itself. (You might have to reboot again after the fifteen to twenty minutes have passed). If all goes well and you get back into Windows then you can remove the program and any remnants from the registry BEFORE you reset the time/date to the correct values.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online