1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message that system volume information is corupt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by amirizar, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amirizar

amirizar Thread Starter

yesterday,i was trying to see why my computer would not let me view flash websites and i dont know what i did wrong but i restarted it and i ran the dell symtom tree test and when it got to IDE disk s/n i'd get a couple of error messages msg block-98826608 with the message uncorrectable data error or media ,it kept doing that on the same spot .then i turned my computer on this morning and i get the blue screen that says windows xp then a error message pops up saying the file or directory C:system volume informaton restore is corupt and i need to run chkdsk, i have no idea how to run that .i'm running windows xp service pack 2 on a dell dimension 3000:confused:

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

3. amirizar

amirizar Thread Starter

indsteed of doing that i reset the computer to how it was back in 2004, hopefully that workd. thank you for helping.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice