Error message "The address book failed to load. Outlook express is incorrectly config

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ormondquay

Purchased a copy of office 2003 (downloaded from the internet complete with serial number) - loaded over the top of an office 2000 program - loaded no bother - now I am unable to access Outlook Express and get the message "The address book failed to load. Outlook express is incorrectly configured, please reinstall". When I attempt to open emails I get a message "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred". My operating system is Windows XP with the latest patch. Any assistance in resolving this would be much appreciated

ormondquay

Found a solution - not the quickest but it worked - uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled XP over the top as per Microsoft article ID 315341 - the real time waste was having to reinstall all the XP patches

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts