1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message trying to install removable hardware.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rbgd, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rbgd

Rbgd Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Sony PSP, and have been attempting to connect to my computer for the past few days. I connected the device to my computer using a USB cable and attempted to use the Windows Hardware Update Wizard to install the necessary drivers for it as instructed. For some reason, immediately after installation begins I get the following Error Message:

There was a problem installing this hardware:

PSP Type A

An Error occured during the installation of the device

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

When I attempted to do the same on another computer, it worked just fine.

If I could get any assistance on why I'm getting the message, and how I can fix it I would greatly appreciate it. I've done alot of reading up until now trying to see if any others have had the same problem I am having now, but I was unable to find any problems remotely related to my own. I'm not too familiar on how driver installation's work, but I do know for a fact that I am not lacking 'system resources'.

2. Dan O

Dan O

What kind of device is it?

Please let us know the make, model, and the version of the software you are using to install it?

Also have you installed the latest Windows updates?

3. Rbgd

Rbgd Thread Starter

I'd guess the best way to describe it, is that it's a 'storage' device. It's supposed to be Windows XP compatable, so I used the automatic hardware wizard on Windows to install it on both my machine and my friend's machine. The same exact way, and my machine just halts the installation as soon as it begins.

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2, should be fully updated.

4. Dan O

Dan O

I suspect some of the USB drivers have become corrupted. To fix Run: SFC /SCANNOW

If that does not fix the problem, see: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/usbfaq.mspx

It discusses how Microsoft has provided a new miniport (usbehci.sys) driver and an updated usbport.sys and usbhub.sys driver to support USB 2.0 on Windows 2000 and Windows XP. And you can download the latest version to try to fix your problem.

5. Rbgd

Rbgd Thread Starter

I tried both of your suggestions. I ran the scan, still kept getting the same error message. The driver you and the article described, I already have it. :(

It's really weird because when I connect the device to my machine I get a sound from my speakers acknowledging it, and another sound when I disconnect it as well, but I still can't access it. It's mocking me...

6. Dan O

Dan O

You may have the driver, but it may corrupted, so you should replace it to see if it fixes the problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice