1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message w/ sony camera

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rodal, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rodal

rodal Thread Starter

Hi

I have a sony dsc-p7 digital camera and running windowsME.

I'm to connect the camera but with no luck. The usb drvier is installed. When I connect the camera to the computer, it goes through its deal to look for the software for the new device and a blue screen error comes up:

Vxd dynamic link call: ntmaphlp (o2) + 00000002 to "oo4f", service1.

what does this mean? And how do I fix it?

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. rodal

rodal Thread Starter

After reading the link I think this could fix my problem.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119591

I tried going through device manager and don't have "ACPI" listed. There's ACPI system button, ACPI BIOS, System borad extension for BIOS. Is it the same thing and which one do I use?

This may sound stupid, but how do you disable in the hardware profile? There's no option for this. When you click Properties there is two tabs General and Driver. Also when you click

Help please. I cant connect sony cam to computer:confused:

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

The one you are looking for should be under "System Devices". What windows version do you have? If there is no option to disable in Windows then you would need to do it in the BIOS. Frankly I'm not going to suggest it. You would probably be better off contacting support for the vendor of the device to see if it is a known problem they have addressed before.

Check the link you were looking at before, NotRite has another suggestion that might be more applicable.

4. rodal

rodal Thread Starter

I have Windows ME factory installed on a DELL Deminsion 4100 PIII 866mhz .
    I'll contact Sony and see what they have to say. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice