1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message when Burning CDs with iTunes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mozzarella, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mozzarella

mozzarella Thread Starter

For the past few days, I've had problems successfully burning CDs. My cd burner is a Memorex 52MAXX 2452AJ [CD-ROM drive] and I'm using iTunes 4.0.7 as the burning software. I've had both for several years and I've burned many cds with no problem.

A few days ago, I started receiving an error message when I attempted to burn a disc. After I instruct the program to burn a disc, it starts normally. It initializes the disc and even starts to write to the disc. At most, it gets through two files and abruptly cancels. The error is:

'The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (4500)'

When I googled the error message, I didn't get any results. After I initially got the error message, I did manage to have a few times where there were no errors. I did uninstall and reinstall iTunes. Also, through the years that I've had the burner, I've generally burned at a low speed. I've been trying to burn at 8x, which shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for any help, insights, etc.! I'm running out of cd-rs here! (n)

2. mozzarella

Or, if no one has any idea, can you recommend another message board/website I can go to?

I can give more info if I've been too vague.

Also, if there's a chance that it's the cd burner, is there any way to test (preferrably one that doesn't waste more discs) if that's the problem.

I appreciate ANY help at all. Thank you.

3. stantley

stantley

First I would get a few CD-RW's so you can run a test, erase it and use it for another test. Try another burning program, WMP if you don't have anything else and if you get a similar error then the problem is probably the hardware. You could also try a different brand of CD-R to make sure it's not the media.

Get Nero CD-DVD Speed, a freeware CD-DVD burner diagnostic tool and run some tests with a CD-RW to see if anything shows up there.

You can also post your question here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/, they specialize in CD-DVD burning.

4. mozzarella

Thank you very much! I'm going to download the program and try it out right now! And thank you also for the link to the CD Freaks website!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice