1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message when Burning CDs with Musicmatch 10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by yodamon, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodamon

yodamon Thread Starter

I've had Musicmatch Plus since 2000 and I'm quite familiar with the product, but this error has me stumped. First of all, I have MM 10 build 4040 on both my PCs and I've entered the upgrade key successfully. It works fine on one PC, but on the other I get the following error message when I try to burn a music CD.

Burner Plus!
    "The working directory for cached and temporary files cannot be used by MusicMatch Burner. You must fix the working directory before you can burn a disk."

When I click on OK, it takes me to the SYSTEM Tab in Musicmatch Burner Settings window.
    It shows me the name of the current working directory and allows me to change it.

I can access the directory, add and delete files, and even change it to an entire different location on the PC. I've checked attributes and the directory isn't locked or in use by anthor program as far as I can tell. I see no reason why it can't be accessed by MM.

I can burn the same songs to CDs using several other programs (nero, MS Media Player, etc.)

I contacted MM support (Yahoo now) and they told me to uninstall and reinstall, which I did several times following their detailed instructions to the letter. I also ran their activeX program which supposedly created log files for them to look at. The said they couldn't solve the issue and recommended that I upgrade to Yahoo Music Jukebox. I told them what I thought of that lame product and we parted company.

I'm hoping you can provide me with some insight.

Thanks

Greg

Attached Files:

2. stantley

stantley

I haven't seen that error, but that's about the only way to fix anything with MM is uninstall and reinstall. You could try other version 10 install programs which you can get here http://oldapps.com/MusicMatch_Jukebox.htm, I'm using 10.00.4033 now. Your plus key will work with any version 10.

Ever since Yahoo bought MM tech support disappeared and you're right about the Yahoo product, it's a poor excuse for a media player.

If you still can't get the burner to work you could build a playlist, export the m3u file and drag it into Nero. But if the burner's working on one PC you might have to do all your burning there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice