Error message when signing on windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pattyred

When I sign on my windows I get a message saying..........cannot find, C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1\.DLL
Can someone please tell me what this is and how to fix it?

pattyred

I am not real sure of all this on here, but there are a lot of things in the highjack box. How do I know what to delete out and what to keep?

pattyred

I cannot get it to copy and paste, and yes I know how to copy and paste. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for helping and being patient Rockn

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Try attaching the file, hit the reply button and look below in Additional Options...

this file has something to do with a browser plugin spyware called newdot
i looked it up and i keep coming it is the start up .dll
im still trying to find the uninstall for it

i believe thats the one do the one cybertech .

if it doesnt work then try minecybertech

or do this download this if your having trouble accssing the internet

http://digital-solutions.co.uk/lavasoft/whndnfix.zip

and run that

go to Start > Run, type Msconfig, and remove the check mark at NewDotNet

in your startup tab

and reboot

dont mean to step on toes just giving options

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Did you try both what I suggested and lobos? We are trying to help but need to know where you are.

pattyred

the only way to get the hijacker open is with zip and you cannot paste when you open with a zip. The same thing with what LOBOS sent me. I am at a loss, and I am really good on a PC, this has got me puzzled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts