1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message when trying to load a printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dorothy E, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorothy E

Dorothy E Thread Starter

Hello!
    I have just upgraded my friends computer from win 98 to win 98 SE. All is going reasonably well but I can't seem to get past an error to reload her Hp psc 750 all in one (printer, scanner,copier :confused: I think!LOL) When I try to load the software an error message comes up that says "Error cannot find HPolngo7.dll" At this point the install aborts. Any ideas on what I can do or where I can go to get the missing dll?
    One other question I have. Think I have the answer to it after much time searching on the internet today but just want to double check with you all. When the computer is started up we get an error message that says"RUNDLL cannot find the file Loading C:\progra~newdot~newdot~2 DLL. So far what I have found says it is spyware. Is that right?
    Thanks very much for your help.
    Sincerely,
    Dorothy E :)

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) Newdot~2 is spyware. Get a copy of Spybot and scan your system.

2) Don't use the install cd that came with the printer. Go to HP's website and grab the latest copy of the drivers.

*Note* The driver file is approximately 50MB so if you are not on broadband either order the Cd or be prepared for a long wait =:0

Also, HP's can be picky. Follow the instructions exactly.

If that doesn't help post back.

3. Dorothy E

Dorothy E Thread Starter

Hello Jtoast!
    Thanks for your prompt answer. Worked on it again today and now I am getting a new error message. "Error message trying to install printer inst 5576" I am going to do as you suggest and go to the HP website and download the driver from there. She has high speed so that will make it a lot faster than if I did it here (dial up, in the boonies!!!) also then it will go directly onto her computer and maybe bypass the problem.
    I had collected a bunch of information and emailed it to her computer and when I got there today there was no email from me. Argh!!!!!!!! It's not like I can just flash home and get it either cause my friend is a good half hour away from me.
    So wish me luck! And thanks again,
    Dorothy E

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice