1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message when trying to sign on to AOL: OLEAUT32.DLL

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by RKMole, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RKMole

RKMole Thread Starter

When I try to sign on to AOL I get this message: OLEAUT32.DLL file linked to missing export OLE32.DLL? What should I do?:rolleyes:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

What version of Windows are you running?
    One thing to try first is to see if you have ole32.dll on your hard drive and to register it.
    To register it go to start>run and paste this in

regsvr32 ole32.dll Press enter

Post back with the results.

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

If ole32.dll is missing, the DCOM98 version is the same as the version on the WinSE Install disc. Use SFC to extract it. And then check the version number. It should be

5. Book Worm

Book Worm

I get the same info since I installed AOL v7.0 on Windows 95. OLEAUT32.DLL file was located right where it should be, but system is unable to locate it.

6. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Book Worm,
    the file may not be registered properly. Try the command. Go to start>run and copy and paste the following:
    regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

Press enter

7. Book Worm

Book Worm

I tried registering OLEAUT32.DLL as you specified, but now I'm getting the following: missing 'regsvr32' file... For some strange reason, my CD-Rom (G:) drive is also not working now.

Tried reloading Windows 95, deleted/re-installed AOL, and nothing works. Unable to get any type of internet access, so now I'm going back-n-forth to another computer checking my posts.

HELP!!!

Thanx for any info.

8. robert23

robert23

9. robert23

robert23

Well, almost exactly....I can't even install AOL, I'm nowhere close to being able to sign on yet!

10. robert23

robert23

This thread is 4 years old but was never marked "Solved" My problem was similar, I couldn't even install AOL. I finally got it fixed and wrote about it at http://forums.techguy.org/t401885.html .

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice