1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message while trying to uninstall software

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by K6BON, Jan 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K6BON

K6BON Thread Starter

Just got a new printer and before downloading the software I removed the printer from Control Panel in Windows 10 and then proceeded to remove the software. The uninstall procedure was interrupted by an error message which said "A caller of DriverPackageinstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package". So here I am looking fondly at my new printer and apologizing for the delay while I turn to the experts for HELP.

2. zebanovich

zebanovich

Hello, It looks like your Windows account is not administrative.
    Log into administrative Windows account and uninstall software/driver there.

To check if your account is administrative:
    Press start key and type:
    control panel
    Select dropdown, View By: small icons in top-right corner of the window
    Then click on "User Accounts" icon
    Click on "Manage another account"
    Here you have a list of user accounts, and see which one is administrative,
    then log into that account and uninstall program there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice