Error message (windows XP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rosmari

I get the following message when trying to access a specific WORD document:

The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions:
* Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
* Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document
(C:\Documents and Settings\.....\temp.doc)

I looked in "Help" under "permissions", and it says that XP needs special permissions (for security reasons)... but this is the first time I am getting this message. All my other documents are accessible.

By the way, if I click the "open file" dialog, I get the same message.

I CAN open the document through Word-pad and Note-pad, but much of the text is garbled and incomprehensible.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Can you open any Word document? Sounds like that specific document may be damaged. Can you attempt to transfer it to, say, floppy, and see if it will open on another computer?

If you'd like, you can email it to me if you don't have another computer available.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online