1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Message with DLL files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by lipshin, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lipshin

lipshin Thread Starter

I seem to have a problem when I am in explorer. I get error messages dealing with my KERNEL32.dll files that explorer has caused or any file with .dll I am getting an error message. I am not a computer genius and I dont understand what is happening. Please help before I pull my hair out. Thanks Cheryl. Need Help Urgently.

2. brianF

brianF

It will really help if you post the exact error messages, there are so many differnet one's with different soloutions it's almost impossible to troubleshoot without the exact message.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Hi Cheryl, welcome to TSG.

Persistant kernel32 errors are most commonly caused by conflicts related to so-called hidden "spyware" which has been introduced under the cover of certain downloads.

Running the program Ad-Aware from Lavasoft will allow you to detect and remove them. Please read the FAQ and "getting started" page before running it:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

However, even before doing that, if you haven't run an updated antivirus scan, you should. If you don't have a scanner, you can do an online scan here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/

4. little_momma92

little_momma92

hi i too have a problem with DLL mine is a WATCH box and it has the windows thing at the top its from KERNEL.32DLLexe what the heck is this and how do i get rid of it??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. lipshin

lipshin Thread Starter

Thanks Rog for the help. I did download that file and we will see if that helps this problem. ;)

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You're welcome, let us know how it goes and if you have any questions concerning the removal process.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice