Error Message!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeD82

Everytime i go to shut down my computer i always get the error message End Program_ explorer.exe.

I've also been having the problem of my computer freezing. Well the programs i have open continue to work but the task bar dissapears and the icons on my desktop disapear as well. Can anyone lead me to the right path to get this problem fixed!! Thanks Mike

MikeD82

I've done both the things you said i ran a virus check im clean and i did a scan with adware. i deleted the stuff that came up and it still freezes on me.

H

HexStar

what OS? You may just be better off doing a complete format on your HD and doing a clean install of ur OS.

MikeD82

How do i do a complete Format? MY OS is Windows XP Home Edition

H

HexStar

Oh, with XP u probably don't need to. Instead, try doing a System Restore to a point where you didn't have this error.

MikeD82

I've been having it for a while and i tried the restoral and it wouldn't go back as far as i needed it to.

If you use Zone Alarm, be sure to check for updates to the application. This is a known issue with ZA, and updating the proggy seems to resolve it.

Try the system file checker

start> run> sfc /scannow

You might need your OS CD to do it, but it works wonders

Good advice, Jesus.

I'd look in all 3. Look for messages like I've posted and be sure to list the event number.

Attachments

MikeD82

i've done what you said Cookies and here is what i found

Error ~ Application Hang Event # 1002
Warning ~ USERENV Event # 1517 and 1524
Error ~ VSS Event # 8193
Error ~ Event System # 4609
Error DCOM # 10010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online