error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

annafromoz

Hello, this is to you NITEHAWK

Good news is SFC is showing up clean no unaltered files.....
Bad news is im "confused" last night i had a listing of about 17 files that had been altered but that was only a little way through the scan probably would of been heaps others........

But tonight its coming up clean! im wondering why???
Im positive i clicked only on the ignore.....

Whats next? something i cant botch up i hope :-((

Don't know whether Nitehawk will see this since you didn't post it as a reply to whatever previous thread was involved.

When you ran SFC you may have had it add those files to the existing verification list, in which case you don't see them targeted again.

You must be very cautious about how you interpret those findings as SFC is known to have problems distinguishing updated/altered files from actually corrupt ones. And in Win98 First Edition there are severe risks with using it to replace certain system files.

http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/start-142.shtml

annafromoz

oops still trying to get the hang of it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your your reply Rollin'rog

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online