1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error message

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by woodenbe, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. woodenbe

woodenbe Thread Starter

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.10 on a Windows XP Pro unit. When I use fotomatic plugins a error message comes up. The message is "Memory access violation" and the detail message is ds= 0x0023. My question is want can I do so that I can use these plug-ins and others without this message coming up?

2. lastone

lastone

3. woodenbe

woodenbe Thread Starter

lastone,
    I have looked at the google results but to no avail.
    woodenbe :)

4. acraftylady

acraftylady

Not to take away from these great forums but if you go to www.jasc.com, click on community and register to use the message boards they may be able to help. When I got PSP for Christmas I posted there a lot and got wonderful help for the program for the smallest of questions so the people are very nice over there.

5. woodenbe

woodenbe Thread Starter

I have posted this question to their tech staff, but their answer did not help. I also posted it to pspug.org and so far no help. I have found a work around. If I was a Photshop le program I get results. Save the photo to a folder on my hard drive, then use it in PSP 8.1.
    Thanksfor your insight. I have read your post on their boards.

6. acraftylady

acraftylady

Sorry the message boards at Jasc didn't help, the people that post there I thought were good with technical stuff about PSP it seemed. I am a beginner user of the program so I have no clue about your problem. There are some very nice PSP boards within AOL that have helped me so I will ask someone there and maybe they have some suggestions for you.

7. woodenbe

woodenbe Thread Starter

Don't get me wrong, I used Jasc products all the time. Many of my photos are on line that I have used PSP 8.10 & Albums 4 &5. They are great products and are very user friendly. Again I would like to Thank you for your insight.
    Even on fotomatic's web site they state that PSP 8.10 has a memory problem with these plug-ins and thought that someone had come up with a work around within PSP 8.10.

8. acraftylady

acraftylady

I understand now. Well, I posted on the AOL boards. There are a lot of people there that use PSP heavy duty and they might know something to help. It can't hurt anyway to see what they say.

9. woodenbe

woodenbe Thread Starter

Thank you for the post on AOL boards. They might have some insight also. I am willing to try any solution that might solve the problem.

10. acraftylady

acraftylady

Sorry but no one had any suggestions except to e-mail the site and you already know it's a know problem with those plugins.

11. woodenbe

woodenbe Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I have tried the plug-ins PSP 7 and they work just fine. It appears that something was changed in PSP 8 and I hope that it will be corrected in future versions of PSP.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice